Timeline of Activity regarding 700 Glenwood Avenue (occupied by CityGate real estate)
- June 11, 2013: Raleigh residents posted complaint on SeeClickFix.com. Acknowledged by City of Raleigh same day.
- June 26: Robert Pierce of City of Raleigh zoning department acknowledged residents’ concerns and stated that City has made contact with CityGate in efforts to bring their signs into compliance. No compliance had been made by this time.
- July 9: Petition from HGBNA to CityGate to remove signs:
- CityGate issued appeal to August 12 Board of Adjustment with a desire to contest interpretation of Zoning Code (see item #7)
- August 12: CityGate withdraws appeal upon agreement with City to: a) change sign copy a maximum of 4 times per 24 hour period, and b) not to display 3rd party content. Board of Adjustment Minutes
- August 16: HGBNA votes in favor to appeal CityGate’s and City of Raleigh’s decision to allow signs to remain as interpreted. 83% of voters agreed to donate funds toward $200 appeal fee. Neighbors may contribute $7 via check to HGBNA, 819 Clay Street, or via PayPal.
- August 19: Appeal filed for September 9 Board of Adjustment hearing.