There is no shortage of fun this weekend!
From the Artsplosure site:
2015 marks the first year that the festival is THREE days and has the Art Market and live music stages on Fayetteville Street. Kidsplosure remains on just Saturday and Sunday and is centered in Moore Square. The free festival features dozens of events, such as:
- The Art Market with more than 170 visual arts and crafts exhibitors from across North Carolina and the nation [your webmaster knows at least one of our neighbors will be showing his work. An artisan must be very good to be accepted as an exhibitor.]
- Kidsplosure, showcasing multiple interactive educational activities and entertainment for children and their parents
- Specially-commissioned, large-scale, interactive visual art installations
- Aerialists and/or other unique variety performers
- The Student Art Exhibition, showcasing two- and three-dimensional artwork of Wake County public and private middle and high school students
- Ongoing performances by legends and rising stars from the national and regional Jazz, Blues, and Alternative music scenes, the majority of whom have never appeared in Raleigh, and emerging local and regional performers deserving of wider acclaim
Between Artsplosure and Tour d’Coop, your weekend is booked! And all so close to our neighborhood too.